Who we are
At Cohen Children's Medical Center, our pediatric infectious diseases experts provide care that is advanced and scientifically driven. We offer specialized expertise in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a wide range of conditions, including:
- Suspected or proven infections, particularly those that are recurrent, severe, or caused by an unusual germ
- Patients with infections of bone (osteomyelitis), endocarditis (heart), or severe or complicated pneumonia or sinus infections
- Prolonged or recurrent fever including periodic fever syndromes
- Suspected or proven Lyme or other tick-borne diseases
- Suspected or proven tuberculosis
- Suspected or proven Kawasaki syndrome
- Difficulties with immunizations or lack of response to immunizations
- Congenital infection in infants due to CMV and other pathogens
Through our travel medicine services, we also evaluate individuals who plan to travel internationally with a goal of preventing infections. Our skilled staff members deliver state-of-the-art treatment, including vaccinations to prevent several infections such as yellow fever and Japanese encephalitis. We also provide comprehensive care for children who have been hospitalized with serious infections.
Take a virtual tour of our children's hospital
Explore some of the innovative facilities that make Cohen Children’s Medical Center so special.
We hope you’ll feel at home in this welcoming space, which includes a café, chapel, gift shop, family resource center, surgical waiting area and more. We also offer valet parking for your convenience.
We are the only freestanding pediatric Emergency Department on Long Island, and our patients get their own rooms. We're also the largest Level I pediatric trauma center in New York designated by the American College of Surgeons.
Every medical surgical unit has a playroom. Here, patients can do arts and crafts, play instruments and video games and partake in other forms of creative therapy, aided by our child life specialists.