Our expert staff members participate in multiple research consortiums, including the following.
- The Pediatric Rheumatology Collaborative Study Group (PRCSG): Provides pharmaceutical trials for children with arthritis and other conditions.
- The Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA): Conducts research on a wide variety of rheumatic diseases affecting children.
- The Pediatric Rheumatology Care and Outcome Improvement Network (PR-COIN): We helped form this group, which is an international quality improvement learning collaborative to improve the care and outcomes for children with juvenile arthritis. With this initiative, we have started a Parent Advisory Council. We recently applied for and received a PCORI grant for a Learning Health System to collaborate with parents, patients and the CARRA network to develop self-management tools.
- Research grants: We have multiple research grants, including in the areas of lupus and inflammation.
Advanced clinical trials
Participation in clinical research initiatives offers children and their families the opportunity to benefit from a novel approach to therapy and improve their well-being and quality of life. Simultaneously this participation can advance the knowledge and unlock breakthroughs that may help other kids in the future.
We offer leading-edge clinical trials in many areas, including:
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Juvenile dermatomyositis